B&L Wholesale Supply, Inc. was founded in 1950 by Frank Baumer and Tom Ludlum in Rochester, New York and distributed roofing and siding products in the Rochester area.
In 1982, Tom Ludlum sold the business to Don Tomeny and Bob Latour when they were 31 and 25 respectively. At that time there were a total of 5 employees.
In the summer of 1982 Art Finocchario, then 25, was hired and, over the next 4 years, developed the commercial roofing business. He was made partner in 1986.
1985 saw the opening of a new, larger facility in Rochester and the opening of our first branch in Buffalo, NY.
B&L purchased Sexton Building Supply in Erie, PA in 1992 and Cornell Building Products in Jamestown, NY in 2001.
Today, B&L distributes residential roofing, siding, windows, doors, decking, veneer stone and commercial roofing and has the largest inventory and delivery fleet in our region. Our employees work together consistently to place great customer service as our #1 priority in every area of our business.
It is true that we have achieved substantial growth over the years but our basic philosophy has never wavered and is represented by our company motto…